Thursday, July 6, 2017

“Patriotism” by Amy Sullivan


“Patriotism” by Amy Sullivan

This is one in a series of posts featuring an artist whose work is included in the Threads of Resistance exhibition.

Artist’s Statement:
Patriotism has always been very important to me; I love my country and I am heartbroken it is so divided. Seeing the gap between Republicans and Democrats widen, I wanted to remind my friends and neighbors that we are all Americans. I wanted to state my love of the country and the need for me to resist.

Hear a message from Amy about her piece below:

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful quote! I just saw your quilt at the New England Quilt Museum, and it's even more wonderful in person. Thank you for creating this powerful message.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may not appear immediately, because they will be moderated before being posted. We will not post any rude, insulting or uncivil comments, or any anonymous comments.